Wednesday 4 June 2014

Final Presentation...Done!


So yesterday I finished the final, very last task to complete the course which was the oral presentation.
To say I was a bag of nerves on the long train journey to Middlesex when it came to the actual presentation I really enjoyed it and wasn't that nervous at all!

It was great seeing the people who I'd stayed in contact with throughout the course, sharing several skype and phone sessions as well as communicating via the sig and also seeing a couple of new faces I'd not met before. I really enjoyed listening and watching their presentations, such diversity in topics and just great to see what others had been working on over the past few months.

I felt my presentation went well and I'm so pleased I didn't let nerves get the better of me! I have attached my power point below to share and hopefully help with future students on the course.

http://www.slideshare.net/carlalmason5/how-to-effectively-teach-dance-to-teenage-students

Overall, the course and particularly the inquiry have developed and improved me on a professional but also personal level. I am much more confident in the classroom and of my teaching methods and I am just a much more inquisitive and questioning person now than when I first started on the course.

I was told before I started the course that it would open many doors for me and now it's coming to the end I can see how true that is. I think that this is one of the best things I've ever done, advancing me massively in my career as a teacher and also my attitude and my approach generally day to day. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to take a big step in their career or for those who want to personally develop themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment