Tuesday 26 November 2013

Trial Plan

Below are my plans for the informal interview and observation. I have posted these on the SIG for people to provide feedback on and so I thought I would do the same on here.

I have arranged my questions for an informal interview which I will be conducting later today. I would like to see what arises from this interview, such as any other questions that could help and improve my inquiry and also hopefully gather feedback that will benefit me in the future for when the actual interview takes place.

1) How long have you been teaching dance?


2) What age range do you cover?

3) Do you find different methods to teach key stage 4 level to that of key stage 3 that work more effectively?


4) What are these methods that you find more effective when teaching key stage 3 level?


5) What are these methods that you find more effective when teaching key stage 4 level?


6) What ways have you found to inspire and motivate teenage students?


7) What effective methods of teaching have you found that promotes discipline within a class?


8) How do you keep a class fun and motivated but at the same time in order? Are you able to use your methods to inspire and motivate alongside those that promotes discipline?


I have also planned an informal observation which I will be carrying out this weekend.

I have put together several steps that I plan to cover:

1) Observe a free class such as street dance, where the teacher is running a class without a syllabus and the work is more fun and laid back.
2) Observe a syllabus class such as IDTA Ballet. The work is set and technical.
3) I would like to put it forward to the teacher to allow the students time to work on a project such as 15 minutes to choreograph a short dance to a piece of music.

The aim of these different kinds of observations is to see how the students respond in different environments with the different work they are presented with. My overall aim is to observe the verbal and non-verbal language between the teacher and students.
Breaking this down further I would like to see how:

  • the students effort differs in each class
  • high the concentration level is in each class
  • much the student gains from each class
  • the number of students are effected, for example is the percentage higher in the free street dance class than that in the syllabus class?
  • discipline and control are effected
  • positive and responsive the students are to each class


After carrying out the informal interview and observation, I will gather what I've learnt along with the feedback I've received and add this to my Critical Reflection on the inquiry tools that is blogged below.

No comments:

Post a Comment