Saturday 16 February 2013

Building, Researching...Creating!!!

Continuing to learn technical skills... Setting up my Gmail account was fairly easy, setting up my blog was another story!
When I first created the blog it didn't look creative. I was unsure how to add style, personality and content to my blog. I sat there for a while trying different things and then decided to have a look through other peoples blogs. I came across a few familiar faces who I had met at Induction and began a tour of their blogs.
I found Iona's blog first and what caught my eye straight away was a nice big head shot picture and her About Me section below. This made her blog very approachable and friendly, inviting me to read more about her. I decided that I would like to have a similar sort of approach to my blog.
I managed to incorporate something similar in my own blog by trial and error! That was the next step done!
I then came across Jo's Blog. I found Jo's blog very interesting. Her first post read like a novel which again, invited me to want to read more. So as I write my posts I try to tell a story - to add facts, intrigue and humour! Along with that, I found that Jo and I have similar lifestyles with us both running a dance school - it's nice to know that there's someone else on the course who has got a similar career to me.
Bernadette's blog was the next one I clicked. Straight away I knew who she was - her background picture said it all. I loved the fact that the background picture gave away what sort of career she's in, what interests she has and what sort of person she is. 
I hope to express myself in the same way, so that whoever happens across my blog, with just one look they will know I am a professional dancer and teacher.
Now to start learning how to change my background picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment