Thursday 21 February 2013

Writer & Reader - My comments on Professional Communication Technology: Reader 1

The book covered the definition of Web 2.0 and how it is extremely beneficial for businesses today.
I have been using Web 2.0 for years without even realising it until reading this book. I originally started using Web 2.0 via social networks such as Facebook for my own personal use, to keep in touch with friends. Today I use it to help in advertising my dance academy, Rossett Dance. Facebook has allowed me to post news, pictures and information of classes as well as helping me to network with all the parents who bring their children to classes. Another benefit is that it has also enabled me to reach out to prospective new customers who may be interested in joining the school.
I also use Twitter in a similar way to Facebook, making Rossett Dance known to online users.

Another Web 2.0 site I use is Starnow, a dance jobs board. I originally I used the site looking for work for myself but most recently I also use it to advertise my own positions, when I am looking for a dance assistant, I can just post up a listing. It would be a lot more challenging looking for somebody to fill the position without the use of Web 2.0

My understanding of Web 2.0 is that it allows the reader to express their opinions, thoughts and ideas to the creator and other readers. It has evolved from Web 1.0, being just a 1 way communication system which has only room for two parts...the creator and the reader, to a point where those two parts have merged together so that we have creating, reading, interacting, thought sharing and information posting available for everyone.

The internet today is a living, growing and ever changing network thanks to Web 2.0.


No comments:

Post a Comment